It’s inevitable that toilets get stained, drains get clogged, and mildew develops in the shower. But before you grab a conventional cleaner with harsh chemicals found at the grocery store, protect your health and your wallet by creating your own bathroom cleaners from safer ingredients.
Here are some bathroom ingredient essentials you will need:
- Microfiber cloth & scrub brush
- Baking Soda
- Liquid soap (Free of Triclosan, antibacterial, and fragrance)
Use the ingredients listed above to keep your toilet clean, your drains clear, and your body healthy!
- Put ¼ cup baking soda into the toilet bowl and sprinkle with vinegar. Let both ingredients sit for 30 minutes. Then brush.
- Wipe toilet seat with 3% solution hydrogen peroxide, which acts like a disinfectant.
- Pour ¼ cup of baking soda down the drain, then pour ½ cup of vinegar. Watch the fizzing and let sit for 15 minutes. Then pour two quarts of boiling water down the drain to rinse it all out.
Shower Mold & Mildew Remover
- Let vinegar sit on mold, then wipe with soapy water.
- Mix liquid castile soap with baking soda, and then add two caps of 3% solution hydrogen peroxide. Let sit on surface and then clean with soapy water and a scrub brush. Avoid antibacterial and fragrance soaps.
- Combine liquid soap with warm water, then wipe with a microfiber cloth or brush.
What are some of your safer home cleaning tips? Share them with us in the comments below!
If you have questions about other safer home cleaning tips, check out our past blog. Or make suggestions in the comments and maybe we’ll write a future blog about it!