Calling All Volunteers!
Do you ever see litter on the road and want to do something about it? Now’s your chance! Join 5,000+ volunteers in San Mateo County on Saturday, September 21st from 9 a.m. to Noon and help stop litter on our streets from becoming ocean pollution on Coastal Cleanup Day.
Coastal Cleanup Day is an annual waterway and land cleanup that is celebrating its 35th birthday as the largest cleanup event in the State!
Why You Should Volunteer:
• Improve your community by cleaning up and protecting the environment and wildlife.
• Build connections with different individuals and organizations participating.
• Make a difference and help remove commonly littered items such as cigarette butts, plastic bags, food wrappers, and bottles.
• There are over 40 cleanup locations that include beaches, creeks, waterways, parks, and neighborhoods throughout the County.
• Volunteers will receive a 20% off Sports Basement coupon (while supplies last).
• A perfect event to attend with your family, friends, or co-workers.
• All volunteers who bring a reusable bucket, gloves, mug, or water bottle get a stainless steel reusable straw and cleaner! (While supplies last)
• Select Cleanup sites are participating in Pacific Beach Coalition’s Butt Blitz so that all of the toxic, plastic, smelly cigarette butts you pick up will be recycled.